I was meant to post something completely different tonight, but I couldn't, because I saw Beerenalia's post on his top 10 Norfolk beers and I just had to post something similar. It'd be rude not to.
So what are my top 10 Norfolk beers?
1) Grain Brewery India Pale Ale (6.5%) - It's a big, hoppy grapefruit and orange tasting IPA. What's not to love? Whenever I see it, I have to drink it.
2) Golden Triangle Black Hops (4.6%) - For me, this is the perfect Black IPA. It retains all of the flavours you want in a regular IPA... grapefruit and orange, but adds red berries and a slight roastiness. Simply phenomenal!
3) Humpty Dumpty WWIPA (7.4%) - Alright, another IPA. Sharp gooseberry, floral hops, a bit of orange and grassiness. Brilliant.
4) Ole Slewfoot Dragon Saison (4.5%) - Lemon acidity and spiciness with the classic funky funky funky saison taste! AWESOME.
5) Norfolk Brewhouse Dewhopper Lager (3.8%) - Amazing session lager. It's very clean and crisp. Can drink it all day!
6) Redwell Steam (4.6%) - Smooth, but not very sweet caramel with grassy hops and some apricot. A great adaptation of the style!
7) Grain Blonde Ash (4.0%) - If you know me, you'll know I'm a sucker for a good wheat beer! Bananas, clovers and coriander comes through, being a refreshing summer beer!
8) Elmtree Dark Horse Stout (5.0%) - Insane drinkability for a stout. Roasted coffee, powdered cocoa and dark fruits are in the flavour.
9) Jo C's Kiwi (3.8%) - Awesome sessionable bitter. English and New Zealand hops give it a refreshing juiciness.
10) Lacons Legacy (4.4%) - Light grapefruit and orange flavours, with a little bit of malt too.
So there's my top 10 Norfolk beers right now. Beers that, if I was in a pub that had all of them on I'd probably end up committing suicide as I wouldn't know what to choose.
If you've tried any of these, please let me know what you think. What's your favourite Norfolk beer?